Vets on Balwyn are committed to providing quality care to animals of all shapes and sizes. Whilst cats and dogs are Melbourne’s most popular pets, we offer veterinary services for all types of domestic animals including guinea pigs, rabbits, lizards, mice, rats and birds.
Our pocket pet services include:
- Annual wellness examinations
- Nail trimming
- Dental care
- Blood tests, x-rays, skin scrapings, and biopsy of lumps
- Surgeries for de-sexing, lump removals, fractures, and other problems
- Nutrition and environmental counselling
- Vaccinations for rabbits and ferrets
Why do I need to bring my pocket pet in for an annual check-up?
Concealing signs of illness and pain is a common survival mechanism displayed amongst most small animals. Whilst your bird, rabbit or reptile might look and behave perfectly normally, it’s quite possible that it’s all an act. The only way to properly evaluate the health of your pocket pet is to bring them in for a physical assessment with a professional vet. Regular check-ups help ensure health issues are diagnosed early and treated before they affect your pet’s quality of life.